Mexican police arrest one of FBI`s most wanted
Mexico City: Mexican federal police say they`ve arrested one of the FBI`s most wanted fugitives, a Los Angeles man sought on charges of murder, kidnapping and rape.
The federal police agency says Joe Luis Saenz, who is about 37, was taken into custody in the western city of Guadalajara Friday.
Mexican officials expect extradition proceedings to begin in the coming days.
The FBI says Saenz is accused of fatally shooting two rival gang members in Los Angeles in July 1998 and of kidnapped, raping and murdering his girlfriend less than two weeks later.
He is accused of a fourth murder in Los Angeles County in October 2008.
There was a reward of up to USD 100,000 for information leading to his arrest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way