Mexican President in Japan for 3-day visit
Tokyo: Mexican President Felipe Calderon arrived in Japan on Sunday for a three-day visit, as the countries mark 400 years of official ties.
On Monday, Calderon is due to call on Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace, followed by a meeting with Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, according to the Japanese Foreign Ministry.
Japan and Mexico marked the 400th year of their exchanges last year and have been holding anniversary events in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue