Mexican President in Japan for 3-day visit
Tokyo: Mexican President Felipe Calderon arrived in Japan on Sunday for a three-day visit, as the countries mark 400 years of official ties.
On Monday, Calderon is due to call on Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace, followed by a meeting with Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, according to the Japanese Foreign Ministry.
Japan and Mexico marked the 400th year of their exchanges last year and have been holding anniversary events in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj