‘Mexican woman pregnant with nine babies’
Mexico City: A Mexican woman is pregnant with nine babies - six girls and three boys - the country`s main broadcaster Televisa reported on Thursday night.
The woman was identified as Karla Vanessa Perez of the northeastern state of Coahuila, which borders Texas. She is currently being treated at a hospital in the state capital Saltillo, the broadcaster said in the report.
Perez, whose age was not given, had fertility treatment leading to the multiple pregnancy, it said.
State-owned news agency Notimex also reported the pregnancy, saying Perez was due to give birth on May 20.
"It`s very early to think of names for the babies," Perez told Notimex. "First I hope that everything goes well."
The successful delivery of nonuplets would be one of the highest multiple births ever recorded.
In 2009, a woman in California gave birth to octuplets, sparking worldwide media attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum