Mexico: Eight bodies found inside car
Mexico City: Police found eight decomposing bodies on Friday inside a car abandoned by a waterpark in northern Mexico, a day after authorities in a neighbouring state located a sports utility vehicle with 14 bodies stuffed inside.
The most recent grisly find was in the town of Fresnillo near a warehouse where police had recently seized drugs, Zacatecas state government said in a statement.
The badly decomposed bodies were left there several days ago, it said.
Zacatecas is a largely rural state that has seen a rise in drug cartel violence in the last two years as the Zetas gang pushes south from its home base along Mexico`s border with Texas.
Drug violence has killed more than 47,500 people since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against Mexico`s cartels when he took office in December 2006.
Gruesome mass killings continue in parts of northern and western Mexico. On Thursday, police in neighbouring San Luis Potosi state found the bodies of 14 men stuffed into an SUV near a gas station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?