Mexico: Eight bodies found inside car
Mexico City: Police found eight decomposing bodies on Friday inside a car abandoned by a waterpark in northern Mexico, a day after authorities in a neighbouring state located a sports utility vehicle with 14 bodies stuffed inside.
The most recent grisly find was in the town of Fresnillo near a warehouse where police had recently seized drugs, Zacatecas state government said in a statement.
The badly decomposed bodies were left there several days ago, it said.
Zacatecas is a largely rural state that has seen a rise in drug cartel violence in the last two years as the Zetas gang pushes south from its home base along Mexico`s border with Texas.
Drug violence has killed more than 47,500 people since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against Mexico`s cartels when he took office in December 2006.
Gruesome mass killings continue in parts of northern and western Mexico. On Thursday, police in neighbouring San Luis Potosi state found the bodies of 14 men stuffed into an SUV near a gas station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’