Mexico: Eight bodies found inside car
Mexico City: Police found eight decomposing bodies on Friday inside a car abandoned by a waterpark in northern Mexico, a day after authorities in a neighbouring state located a sports utility vehicle with 14 bodies stuffed inside.
The most recent grisly find was in the town of Fresnillo near a warehouse where police had recently seized drugs, Zacatecas state government said in a statement.
The badly decomposed bodies were left there several days ago, it said.
Zacatecas is a largely rural state that has seen a rise in drug cartel violence in the last two years as the Zetas gang pushes south from its home base along Mexico`s border with Texas.
Drug violence has killed more than 47,500 people since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against Mexico`s cartels when he took office in December 2006.
Gruesome mass killings continue in parts of northern and western Mexico. On Thursday, police in neighbouring San Luis Potosi state found the bodies of 14 men stuffed into an SUV near a gas station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP