Mexico: Eight bodies found inside car
Mexico City: Police found eight decomposing bodies on Friday inside a car abandoned by a waterpark in northern Mexico, a day after authorities in a neighbouring state located a sports utility vehicle with 14 bodies stuffed inside.
The most recent grisly find was in the town of Fresnillo near a warehouse where police had recently seized drugs, Zacatecas state government said in a statement.
The badly decomposed bodies were left there several days ago, it said.
Zacatecas is a largely rural state that has seen a rise in drug cartel violence in the last two years as the Zetas gang pushes south from its home base along Mexico`s border with Texas.
Drug violence has killed more than 47,500 people since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against Mexico`s cartels when he took office in December 2006.
Gruesome mass killings continue in parts of northern and western Mexico. On Thursday, police in neighbouring San Luis Potosi state found the bodies of 14 men stuffed into an SUV near a gas station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence