Mexico exhumes 7 bodies near Acapulco
Mexico City: Authorities in southern Mexico have exhumed the bodies of seven men from clandestine graves near the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco.
The prosecutors` office in Guerrero state says the bodies were found in five shallow graves.
The office said on Sunday some of the bodies had tattoos, and were in advanced stages of decomposition.
Some of the bodies appear to have been bound with cords. The graves were uncovered yesterday at a plant nursery in a rural area about a half hour from downtown Acapulco.
Drug gangs frequently use such burial sites to dispose of the bodies of executed rivals.
Once a glamorous beach resort, in recent years Acapulco has been the scene of turf battles between a number of small drug gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened