Mexico exhumes 7 bodies near Acapulco
Mexico City: Authorities in southern Mexico have exhumed the bodies of seven men from clandestine graves near the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco.
The prosecutors` office in Guerrero state says the bodies were found in five shallow graves.
The office said on Sunday some of the bodies had tattoos, and were in advanced stages of decomposition.
Some of the bodies appear to have been bound with cords. The graves were uncovered yesterday at a plant nursery in a rural area about a half hour from downtown Acapulco.
Drug gangs frequently use such burial sites to dispose of the bodies of executed rivals.
Once a glamorous beach resort, in recent years Acapulco has been the scene of turf battles between a number of small drug gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees