Mexico exhumes 7 bodies near Acapulco
Mexico City: Authorities in southern Mexico have exhumed the bodies of seven men from clandestine graves near the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco.
The prosecutors` office in Guerrero state says the bodies were found in five shallow graves.
The office said on Sunday some of the bodies had tattoos, and were in advanced stages of decomposition.
Some of the bodies appear to have been bound with cords. The graves were uncovered yesterday at a plant nursery in a rural area about a half hour from downtown Acapulco.
Drug gangs frequently use such burial sites to dispose of the bodies of executed rivals.
Once a glamorous beach resort, in recent years Acapulco has been the scene of turf battles between a number of small drug gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?