Mexico exhumes 7 bodies near Acapulco
Mexico City: Authorities in southern Mexico have exhumed the bodies of seven men from clandestine graves near the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco.
The prosecutors` office in Guerrero state says the bodies were found in five shallow graves.
The office said on Sunday some of the bodies had tattoos, and were in advanced stages of decomposition.
Some of the bodies appear to have been bound with cords. The graves were uncovered yesterday at a plant nursery in a rural area about a half hour from downtown Acapulco.
Drug gangs frequently use such burial sites to dispose of the bodies of executed rivals.
Once a glamorous beach resort, in recent years Acapulco has been the scene of turf battles between a number of small drug gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened