Mexico exhumes 7 bodies near Acapulco
Mexico City: Authorities in southern Mexico have exhumed the bodies of seven men from clandestine graves near the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco.
The prosecutors` office in Guerrero state says the bodies were found in five shallow graves.
The office said on Sunday some of the bodies had tattoos, and were in advanced stages of decomposition.
Some of the bodies appear to have been bound with cords. The graves were uncovered yesterday at a plant nursery in a rural area about a half hour from downtown Acapulco.
Drug gangs frequently use such burial sites to dispose of the bodies of executed rivals.
Once a glamorous beach resort, in recent years Acapulco has been the scene of turf battles between a number of small drug gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan