Mexico finds 13 more bodies, 2 new mass graves
Mexico City: Mexican investigators have
uncovered 13 more bodies in mass graves in the violent
northeastern state of Tamaulipas, where 59 dead were exhumed
earlier this week, officials said on Friday.
Seventy-two bodies have now been discovered since
authorities began chasing reports that gunmen had kidnapped
people off of passenger buses running to towns near the US
Nine of the bodies were discovered in one newly found
grave and four in another yesterday in the area around the
city of San Fernando, state Interior Secretary Morelos Canseco
The total now matches the number of migrants who died
in a massacre near that town last August.
Canseco said investigators are searching for more
graves in the area.
Federal authorities said yesterday that they have
detained 14 people in connection with the crimes.
State authorities said they started receiving reports
in late March that gunmen were pulling men off buses on the
stretch of road that runs through the municipality of San
Relatives of people who have gone missing have begun
showing up at a morgue in border city of Matamoros across from
Brownsville, Texas, looking for loved ones, some not seen for
a couple of weeks, others a few months, some as long as three
Authorities are still not sure about the origin of the
victims found in the pits, but suspect at least some had been
abducted from buses.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India