Mexico finds 13 more bodies, 2 new mass graves
Mexico City: Mexican investigators have
uncovered 13 more bodies in mass graves in the violent
northeastern state of Tamaulipas, where 59 dead were exhumed
earlier this week, officials said on Friday.
Seventy-two bodies have now been discovered since
authorities began chasing reports that gunmen had kidnapped
people off of passenger buses running to towns near the US
Nine of the bodies were discovered in one newly found
grave and four in another yesterday in the area around the
city of San Fernando, state Interior Secretary Morelos Canseco
The total now matches the number of migrants who died
in a massacre near that town last August.
Canseco said investigators are searching for more
graves in the area.
Federal authorities said yesterday that they have
detained 14 people in connection with the crimes.
State authorities said they started receiving reports
in late March that gunmen were pulling men off buses on the
stretch of road that runs through the municipality of San
Relatives of people who have gone missing have begun
showing up at a morgue in border city of Matamoros across from
Brownsville, Texas, looking for loved ones, some not seen for
a couple of weeks, others a few months, some as long as three
Authorities are still not sure about the origin of the
victims found in the pits, but suspect at least some had been
abducted from buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey