Mexico finds missing plane, 14 aboard dead: Official
Mexico City: Authorities found today a small plane that went missing in northwestern Mexico this week and all 14 people aboard are dead, the transport minister said.
"The Cessna Caravan ... With 13 passengers and a pilot was found. Unfortunately, no survivors," Transport Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza wrote on Twitter.
The transport ministry said a helicopter found the turboprop in the La Giganta mountains 14 nautical miles west of the Loreto airport from where it took off last Monday in the Baja California peninsula.
The aircraft had disappeared as tropical storm Octave neared the coast on Monday before weakening to a tropical depression and making landfall yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained