Mexico finds missing plane, 14 aboard dead: Official
Mexico City: Authorities found today a small plane that went missing in northwestern Mexico this week and all 14 people aboard are dead, the transport minister said.
"The Cessna Caravan ... With 13 passengers and a pilot was found. Unfortunately, no survivors," Transport Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza wrote on Twitter.
The transport ministry said a helicopter found the turboprop in the La Giganta mountains 14 nautical miles west of the Loreto airport from where it took off last Monday in the Baja California peninsula.
The aircraft had disappeared as tropical storm Octave neared the coast on Monday before weakening to a tropical depression and making landfall yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player