Mexico finds missing plane, 14 aboard dead: Official
Mexico City: Authorities found today a small plane that went missing in northwestern Mexico this week and all 14 people aboard are dead, the transport minister said.
"The Cessna Caravan ... With 13 passengers and a pilot was found. Unfortunately, no survivors," Transport Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza wrote on Twitter.
The transport ministry said a helicopter found the turboprop in the La Giganta mountains 14 nautical miles west of the Loreto airport from where it took off last Monday in the Baja California peninsula.
The aircraft had disappeared as tropical storm Octave neared the coast on Monday before weakening to a tropical depression and making landfall yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources