Mexico gas plant fire kills 26
Mexico City: At least 26 people died in Mexico Tuesday when a huge fire broke out at a gas plant, authorities said.
The plant is owned by state-run energy giant Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), and is located in Tamaulipas state, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which broke out at 11 a.m., was doused about an hour later, Pemex said in a statement. Dozens of people were injured.
About 700 people were working at the facility when the fire broke out.
Residents living within a five-kilometer radius of the plant were evacuated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL