Mexico gas plant fire kills 26
Mexico City: At least 26 people died in Mexico Tuesday when a huge fire broke out at a gas plant, authorities said.
The plant is owned by state-run energy giant Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), and is located in Tamaulipas state, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which broke out at 11 a.m., was doused about an hour later, Pemex said in a statement. Dozens of people were injured.
About 700 people were working at the facility when the fire broke out.
Residents living within a five-kilometer radius of the plant were evacuated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...