Mexico gas plant fire kills 26
Mexico City: At least 26 people died in Mexico Tuesday when a huge fire broke out at a gas plant, authorities said.
The plant is owned by state-run energy giant Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), and is located in Tamaulipas state, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which broke out at 11 a.m., was doused about an hour later, Pemex said in a statement. Dozens of people were injured.
About 700 people were working at the facility when the fire broke out.
Residents living within a five-kilometer radius of the plant were evacuated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory