Mexico gas plant fire kills 26
Mexico City: At least 26 people died in Mexico Tuesday when a huge fire broke out at a gas plant, authorities said.
The plant is owned by state-run energy giant Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), and is located in Tamaulipas state, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which broke out at 11 a.m., was doused about an hour later, Pemex said in a statement. Dozens of people were injured.
About 700 people were working at the facility when the fire broke out.
Residents living within a five-kilometer radius of the plant were evacuated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?