Mexico nabs suspect over killing of US consular worker
Nuevo Laredo: Mexico arrested a second suspect, a member of the Los Aztecas gang, who confessed to taking part in the killing of a US consulate official, authorities have said.
The suspect admitted to working as an informant in the crime, a Mexican military source said on Thursday.
The detainee is a second person arrested for taking part in the killing last March 13 of US consular official Lesley Enriquez and her husband as well as a Mexican.
The Aztecas gang in Ciudad Juarez was blamed for the almost simultaneous assaults in which Enriquez and her husband, both Americans, were killed, as was a Mexican man who was married to another consulate staffer.
Mexico has been gripped in drug-related bloodshed since President Felipe Calderon launched a military clampdown on the country`s powerful drug gangs after taking office in December 2006.
More than 15,000 people have since died in suspected drug-related violence, particularly near the US border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Turkey frees 1,200 soldiers detained after coup bid: Prosecutor
- Munich gunman 'deranged', had no links to Islamic State: Police
- New protein helps scientists understand Alzheimer's disease
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside