Mexico nabs suspect over killing of US consular worker
Nuevo Laredo: Mexico arrested a second suspect, a member of the Los Aztecas gang, who confessed to taking part in the killing of a US consulate official, authorities have said.
The suspect admitted to working as an informant in the crime, a Mexican military source said on Thursday.
The detainee is a second person arrested for taking part in the killing last March 13 of US consular official Lesley Enriquez and her husband as well as a Mexican.
The Aztecas gang in Ciudad Juarez was blamed for the almost simultaneous assaults in which Enriquez and her husband, both Americans, were killed, as was a Mexican man who was married to another consulate staffer.
Mexico has been gripped in drug-related bloodshed since President Felipe Calderon launched a military clampdown on the country`s powerful drug gangs after taking office in December 2006.
More than 15,000 people have since died in suspected drug-related violence, particularly near the US border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati