Mexico nabs suspect over killing of US consular worker
Nuevo Laredo: Mexico arrested a second suspect, a member of the Los Aztecas gang, who confessed to taking part in the killing of a US consulate official, authorities have said.
The suspect admitted to working as an informant in the crime, a Mexican military source said on Thursday.
The detainee is a second person arrested for taking part in the killing last March 13 of US consular official Lesley Enriquez and her husband as well as a Mexican.
The Aztecas gang in Ciudad Juarez was blamed for the almost simultaneous assaults in which Enriquez and her husband, both Americans, were killed, as was a Mexican man who was married to another consulate staffer.
Mexico has been gripped in drug-related bloodshed since President Felipe Calderon launched a military clampdown on the country`s powerful drug gangs after taking office in December 2006.
More than 15,000 people have since died in suspected drug-related violence, particularly near the US border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth