Mexico nabs suspect over killing of US consular worker
Nuevo Laredo: Mexico arrested a second suspect, a member of the Los Aztecas gang, who confessed to taking part in the killing of a US consulate official, authorities have said.
The suspect admitted to working as an informant in the crime, a Mexican military source said on Thursday.
The detainee is a second person arrested for taking part in the killing last March 13 of US consular official Lesley Enriquez and her husband as well as a Mexican.
The Aztecas gang in Ciudad Juarez was blamed for the almost simultaneous assaults in which Enriquez and her husband, both Americans, were killed, as was a Mexican man who was married to another consulate staffer.
Mexico has been gripped in drug-related bloodshed since President Felipe Calderon launched a military clampdown on the country`s powerful drug gangs after taking office in December 2006.
More than 15,000 people have since died in suspected drug-related violence, particularly near the US border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list