Mexico nabs suspect over killing of US consular worker
Nuevo Laredo: Mexico arrested a second suspect, a member of the Los Aztecas gang, who confessed to taking part in the killing of a US consulate official, authorities have said.
The suspect admitted to working as an informant in the crime, a Mexican military source said on Thursday.
The detainee is a second person arrested for taking part in the killing last March 13 of US consular official Lesley Enriquez and her husband as well as a Mexican.
The Aztecas gang in Ciudad Juarez was blamed for the almost simultaneous assaults in which Enriquez and her husband, both Americans, were killed, as was a Mexican man who was married to another consulate staffer.
Mexico has been gripped in drug-related bloodshed since President Felipe Calderon launched a military clampdown on the country`s powerful drug gangs after taking office in December 2006.
More than 15,000 people have since died in suspected drug-related violence, particularly near the US border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor