Mexico police detain alleged killer of 7 women
Pachuca (Mexico): Authorities in the central Mexican state of Hidalgo say they have captured a man who allegedly killed seven women in as many months.
Hidalgo state Public Safety Secretary Damian Canales says Omar Nieves has confessed that he raped and strangled his first victim in June.
Canales said yesterday that Nieves then killed three more women, including an ex-girlfriend, by strangling or smothering them.
He says the 33-year-old taxi driver killed an additional three women in December with the help of a friend, Constantino Dominguez, who also has been detained.
Canales says Dominguez told police the victims were women looking for a taxi and traveling alone.
The official says Nieves` girlfriend told authorities he was behind the killings that terrorized the town of Tula, leading to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'