Mexico police detain alleged killer of 7 women
Pachuca (Mexico): Authorities in the central Mexican state of Hidalgo say they have captured a man who allegedly killed seven women in as many months.
Hidalgo state Public Safety Secretary Damian Canales says Omar Nieves has confessed that he raped and strangled his first victim in June.
Canales said yesterday that Nieves then killed three more women, including an ex-girlfriend, by strangling or smothering them.
He says the 33-year-old taxi driver killed an additional three women in December with the help of a friend, Constantino Dominguez, who also has been detained.
Canales says Dominguez told police the victims were women looking for a taxi and traveling alone.
The official says Nieves` girlfriend told authorities he was behind the killings that terrorized the town of Tula, leading to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH