Mexico police detain alleged killer of 7 women
Pachuca (Mexico): Authorities in the central Mexican state of Hidalgo say they have captured a man who allegedly killed seven women in as many months.
Hidalgo state Public Safety Secretary Damian Canales says Omar Nieves has confessed that he raped and strangled his first victim in June.
Canales said yesterday that Nieves then killed three more women, including an ex-girlfriend, by strangling or smothering them.
He says the 33-year-old taxi driver killed an additional three women in December with the help of a friend, Constantino Dominguez, who also has been detained.
Canales says Dominguez told police the victims were women looking for a taxi and traveling alone.
The official says Nieves` girlfriend told authorities he was behind the killings that terrorized the town of Tula, leading to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report