Mexico searches for inmates in deadly jail break
Mexico City: Authorities in Southern Mexico are searching for nine inmates who were broken out of a prison by an armed gang in a violent jailbreak that killed two guards.
The government of the southern state of Guerrero says investigators are also looking for the Prison Director, who disappeared following the escape.
Prison officials in Mexico often face charges following such incidents.
On Monday, an armed gang assaulted the state prison at La Union, near the border with Michoacan state.
The gang killed two guards and an inmate and wounded another guard and a prisoner.
This type of assault has been carried out before by drug cartels in northern Mexico but is relatively new to the south. Michoacan state is home to the Knights Templar drug cartel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees