Mexico searches for inmates in deadly jail break
Mexico City: Authorities in Southern Mexico are searching for nine inmates who were broken out of a prison by an armed gang in a violent jailbreak that killed two guards.
The government of the southern state of Guerrero says investigators are also looking for the Prison Director, who disappeared following the escape.
Prison officials in Mexico often face charges following such incidents.
On Monday, an armed gang assaulted the state prison at La Union, near the border with Michoacan state.
The gang killed two guards and an inmate and wounded another guard and a prisoner.
This type of assault has been carried out before by drug cartels in northern Mexico but is relatively new to the south. Michoacan state is home to the Knights Templar drug cartel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details