Mexico searches for inmates in deadly jail break
Mexico City: Authorities in Southern Mexico are searching for nine inmates who were broken out of a prison by an armed gang in a violent jailbreak that killed two guards.
The government of the southern state of Guerrero says investigators are also looking for the Prison Director, who disappeared following the escape.
Prison officials in Mexico often face charges following such incidents.
On Monday, an armed gang assaulted the state prison at La Union, near the border with Michoacan state.
The gang killed two guards and an inmate and wounded another guard and a prisoner.
This type of assault has been carried out before by drug cartels in northern Mexico but is relatively new to the south. Michoacan state is home to the Knights Templar drug cartel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen
- India, Iran, Afghan sign strategic Chabahar port pact; PM Modi commits $500 million
- Sexism row in BBL: Chris Gayle hits back heavily at criticisers, says it was just for ‘little fun’
- Economic engagement with Afghanistan, Iran our priority: PM Modi