Mexico seizes 6 planes in Sinaloa cartel`s base
Mexico City: Mexican marines have seized six small planes and detained three suspects with guns and drugs on a ranch in a western state where the government recently nabbed Sinaloa drug cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
The Interior Department said yesterday the men had cocaine and marijuana packages as well as two rifles and a grenade launcher with them in a ranch near the city of Culiacan, the Sinaloa cartel`s stronghold.
The government didn`t give details on what kind of planes were seized in the raid Wednesday. Marines also confiscated four vehicles.
The legendary Guzman was captured last month in the resort of Mazatlan after 13 years as a fugitive since escaping from prison. Days before his arrest, the military had begun raiding several homes, confiscating weapons and catching associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter