Mexico theatre showing Batman evacuated on fire
Mexico City: A movie theatre in western Mexico evacuated a showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" after a small fire broke out in a garbage container just outside the theatre.
A spokesman for the civil defence department of the city of Zapopan says about 800 movie theatre patrons and employees were evacuated as a precautionary measure because the fire produced a lot of smoke.
Spokesman Julio Quinones said no injuries were reported in the fire early today. There were no immediate indications the blaze was intentionally set.
Showings of the movie have been accompanied by heightened security concerns after a gunman opened fire in a theatre in Colorado, killing 12 and injuring dozens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand