Mexico theatre showing Batman evacuated on fire
Mexico City: A movie theatre in western Mexico evacuated a showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" after a small fire broke out in a garbage container just outside the theatre.
A spokesman for the civil defence department of the city of Zapopan says about 800 movie theatre patrons and employees were evacuated as a precautionary measure because the fire produced a lot of smoke.
Spokesman Julio Quinones said no injuries were reported in the fire early today. There were no immediate indications the blaze was intentionally set.
Showings of the movie have been accompanied by heightened security concerns after a gunman opened fire in a theatre in Colorado, killing 12 and injuring dozens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership