Mexico theatre showing Batman evacuated on fire
Mexico City: A movie theatre in western Mexico evacuated a showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" after a small fire broke out in a garbage container just outside the theatre.
A spokesman for the civil defence department of the city of Zapopan says about 800 movie theatre patrons and employees were evacuated as a precautionary measure because the fire produced a lot of smoke.
Spokesman Julio Quinones said no injuries were reported in the fire early today. There were no immediate indications the blaze was intentionally set.
Showings of the movie have been accompanied by heightened security concerns after a gunman opened fire in a theatre in Colorado, killing 12 and injuring dozens.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies