MH17 crash: First coffins flown out of Ukraine, arrive in Netherlands
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
The coffins are being loaded onto the flight
— Kevin Bishop (@bishopk) July 23, 2014
But Dutch experts now in possession of the corpses said Tuesday they had only counted 200 on the morgue train.
"We are sure of having 200 bodies and body parts, that is all that I know," said Jan Tuinder, the head of the Dutch delegation told journalists.
"It matters not that the murder was meant to be committed against other people," said Clinton addressing the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
We've agreed Dutch request for air accident investigators at Farnborough to retrieve data from #MH17 black boxes for international analysis.
— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) July 22, 2014
— Annemieke Ruigrok (@JGMRuigrok) July 23, 2014
Five days after the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 came down in the fields of Donetsk in Ukraine, a day of national mourning has been declared in the Netherlands, which suffered the most with a majority of the victims being Dutch.
The nation mourns as the first remains are due to be flown to Eindhoven today at 16:00 local time.
The remains, stored in the refrigerated train wagons, left Donetsk for Kharkiv, from where it will fly to Netherlands today.
Four days after the plane was downed, rebels have finally handed over the black boxes to Malaysian experts and allowed the bodies of the victims to be taken to the Netherlands.
The rebels stance changed after the UN Security Council adopted a resolution Monday demanding full access to the crash site and condemning the downing of the plane. The resolution was unanimously approved by the council.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down on Thursday, July 17, killing all 298 people aboard. The passenger jet that was flying 10,000 meters above eastern Ukraine war zone, -was reportedly shot by a surface-to-air Buk missile, that was given to the rebels by Russia, the US has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM