MH17 crash: First coffins flown out of Ukraine, arrive in Netherlands
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
The coffins are being loaded onto the flight
— Kevin Bishop (@bishopk) July 23, 2014
But Dutch experts now in possession of the corpses said Tuesday they had only counted 200 on the morgue train.
"We are sure of having 200 bodies and body parts, that is all that I know," said Jan Tuinder, the head of the Dutch delegation told journalists.
"It matters not that the murder was meant to be committed against other people," said Clinton addressing the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
We've agreed Dutch request for air accident investigators at Farnborough to retrieve data from #MH17 black boxes for international analysis.
— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) July 22, 2014
— Annemieke Ruigrok (@JGMRuigrok) July 23, 2014
Five days after the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 came down in the fields of Donetsk in Ukraine, a day of national mourning has been declared in the Netherlands, which suffered the most with a majority of the victims being Dutch.
The nation mourns as the first remains are due to be flown to Eindhoven today at 16:00 local time.
The remains, stored in the refrigerated train wagons, left Donetsk for Kharkiv, from where it will fly to Netherlands today.
Four days after the plane was downed, rebels have finally handed over the black boxes to Malaysian experts and allowed the bodies of the victims to be taken to the Netherlands.
The rebels stance changed after the UN Security Council adopted a resolution Monday demanding full access to the crash site and condemning the downing of the plane. The resolution was unanimously approved by the council.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down on Thursday, July 17, killing all 298 people aboard. The passenger jet that was flying 10,000 meters above eastern Ukraine war zone, -was reportedly shot by a surface-to-air Buk missile, that was given to the rebels by Russia, the US has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?