MH17 crash: First coffins flown out of Ukraine, arrive in Netherlands
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
The coffins are being loaded onto the flight
— Kevin Bishop (@bishopk) July 23, 2014
But Dutch experts now in possession of the corpses said Tuesday they had only counted 200 on the morgue train.
"We are sure of having 200 bodies and body parts, that is all that I know," said Jan Tuinder, the head of the Dutch delegation told journalists.
"It matters not that the murder was meant to be committed against other people," said Clinton addressing the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
We've agreed Dutch request for air accident investigators at Farnborough to retrieve data from #MH17 black boxes for international analysis.
— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) July 22, 2014
— Annemieke Ruigrok (@JGMRuigrok) July 23, 2014
Five days after the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 came down in the fields of Donetsk in Ukraine, a day of national mourning has been declared in the Netherlands, which suffered the most with a majority of the victims being Dutch.
The nation mourns as the first remains are due to be flown to Eindhoven today at 16:00 local time.
The remains, stored in the refrigerated train wagons, left Donetsk for Kharkiv, from where it will fly to Netherlands today.
Four days after the plane was downed, rebels have finally handed over the black boxes to Malaysian experts and allowed the bodies of the victims to be taken to the Netherlands.
The rebels stance changed after the UN Security Council adopted a resolution Monday demanding full access to the crash site and condemning the downing of the plane. The resolution was unanimously approved by the council.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down on Thursday, July 17, killing all 298 people aboard. The passenger jet that was flying 10,000 meters above eastern Ukraine war zone, -was reportedly shot by a surface-to-air Buk missile, that was given to the rebels by Russia, the US has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day