Michael Jackson`s mother begins testimony in LA
Los Angeles: Michael Jackson`s mother has told jurors that she is suing the promoter of her son`s ill-fated comeback concerts to find out the truth about his death.
Katherine Jackson said on Friday that much of the testimony about her son during a 12-week trial hasn`t been the truth. She said she was testifying because her son is "not here to speak for himself."
The Jackson family matriarch is suing AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to adequately investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.
She has been a courtroom fixture, sitting in the front row of the courtroom as witnesses have described her son`s creativity and interactions with AEG Live executives.
AEG denies it hired Jackson`s doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender