Michael Jackson`s mother begins testimony in LA
Los Angeles: Michael Jackson`s mother has told jurors that she is suing the promoter of her son`s ill-fated comeback concerts to find out the truth about his death.
Katherine Jackson said on Friday that much of the testimony about her son during a 12-week trial hasn`t been the truth. She said she was testifying because her son is "not here to speak for himself."
The Jackson family matriarch is suing AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to adequately investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.
She has been a courtroom fixture, sitting in the front row of the courtroom as witnesses have described her son`s creativity and interactions with AEG Live executives.
AEG denies it hired Jackson`s doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?