Michael Jackson`s mother begins testimony in LA
Los Angeles: Michael Jackson`s mother has told jurors that she is suing the promoter of her son`s ill-fated comeback concerts to find out the truth about his death.
Katherine Jackson said on Friday that much of the testimony about her son during a 12-week trial hasn`t been the truth. She said she was testifying because her son is "not here to speak for himself."
The Jackson family matriarch is suing AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to adequately investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.
She has been a courtroom fixture, sitting in the front row of the courtroom as witnesses have described her son`s creativity and interactions with AEG Live executives.
AEG denies it hired Jackson`s doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer`s death.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires