Michael Jackson`s mother begins testimony in LA
Los Angeles: Michael Jackson`s mother has told jurors that she is suing the promoter of her son`s ill-fated comeback concerts to find out the truth about his death.
Katherine Jackson said on Friday that much of the testimony about her son during a 12-week trial hasn`t been the truth. She said she was testifying because her son is "not here to speak for himself."
The Jackson family matriarch is suing AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to adequately investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.
She has been a courtroom fixture, sitting in the front row of the courtroom as witnesses have described her son`s creativity and interactions with AEG Live executives.
AEG denies it hired Jackson`s doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference