Michelle makes me tidy up: US President Barack Obama
New York: US President Barack Obama has admitted that his wife Michelle makes him keep everything in order.
The President recalled in April’s Vogue that he had a little bachelor apartment that Michelle refused to stay in because she thought it was messy, adding that there were pizza boxes everywhere.
So, whenever Michelle came, Obama said he had to get her a hotel room, the New York Post reported.
The first lady, who graces the cover of the latest issue of Vogue, interrupted to reveal that the place caught on fire.
Obama admitted that he takes order from Michelle to put his coat on a hanger.
“And what Michelle has done is to remind me every day of the virtues of order. Being on time. Hanging up your clothes. Being intentional about planning time with your kids,” Obama said.
Obama said that he and his wife are very different people, which might have resulted from how they grew up.
“Michelle grew up in a model nuclear family: mom, dad, brother. I had this far-flung family — father left at a very young age, a stepfather who ended up passing away as well. My mother was this wonderful spirit, and she was adventurous but not always very well organised,” he revealed.
Michelle insisted that an evening with the first family is much like any other dinner-table gathering across America.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'