Michelle Obama dons $6800 jacket to visit Queen
London: Political commentators have vented their anger over the fact that Michelle Obama wore a jacket worth USD 6,800 to the pre-Olympics Opening Ceremony reception at Buckingham Palace on Friday.
Though the dazzling J Mendel jacket and skirt won critical acclaim from the style set, some pundits are furious that she elected to spend so much money on a garment while so many in the US are suffering financially, the Daily Mail reported.
A post on the Gateway Pundit blog read that the design ``cost more than the average American family makes in a month (USD 4,284).”
“She does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment,” writer Jim Hoft said.
“Michelle feels your pain.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video