Michelle Obama dons $6800 jacket to visit Queen
London: Political commentators have vented their anger over the fact that Michelle Obama wore a jacket worth USD 6,800 to the pre-Olympics Opening Ceremony reception at Buckingham Palace on Friday.
Though the dazzling J Mendel jacket and skirt won critical acclaim from the style set, some pundits are furious that she elected to spend so much money on a garment while so many in the US are suffering financially, the Daily Mail reported.
A post on the Gateway Pundit blog read that the design ``cost more than the average American family makes in a month (USD 4,284).”
“She does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment,” writer Jim Hoft said.
“Michelle feels your pain.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan