Michelle Obama dons $6800 jacket to visit Queen
London: Political commentators have vented their anger over the fact that Michelle Obama wore a jacket worth USD 6,800 to the pre-Olympics Opening Ceremony reception at Buckingham Palace on Friday.
Though the dazzling J Mendel jacket and skirt won critical acclaim from the style set, some pundits are furious that she elected to spend so much money on a garment while so many in the US are suffering financially, the Daily Mail reported.
A post on the Gateway Pundit blog read that the design ``cost more than the average American family makes in a month (USD 4,284).”
“She does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment,” writer Jim Hoft said.
“Michelle feels your pain.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress