Michelle Obama dons $6800 jacket to visit Queen
London: Political commentators have vented their anger over the fact that Michelle Obama wore a jacket worth USD 6,800 to the pre-Olympics Opening Ceremony reception at Buckingham Palace on Friday.
Though the dazzling J Mendel jacket and skirt won critical acclaim from the style set, some pundits are furious that she elected to spend so much money on a garment while so many in the US are suffering financially, the Daily Mail reported.
A post on the Gateway Pundit blog read that the design ``cost more than the average American family makes in a month (USD 4,284).”
“She does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment,” writer Jim Hoft said.
“Michelle feels your pain.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!