Michelle Obama hosts spouses of G8 leaders at lunch
Washington: While her husband had put leaders of the G8 nations through a tight schedule at Camp David, the US First Lady Michelle Obama treated their spouses to a sumptuous lunch prepared with produce from her kitchen garden at the White House.
The lunch menu included: Gazpacho, Maryland rockfish with local asparagus, grapefruit, Virginia berries, greens from the White House Garden and caramelised olive oil.
The lunch was prepared by Chef Jose Andres.
Before the lunch, Michelle wearing a deep purple dress with a floral brooch, led the tour group into the East Room and pointed out the window.
The tour was guided by White House Curator Bill Allman.
Among the all women spouses club, German Chancellor Angela Merkel`s husband, Professor Joachim Sauer, was conspicuous by his absence.
Allman also led the group to a portrait of Martha Washington and one of former president George Washington.
All of the guests appeared interested and moved in to look closely at the George Washington portrait when Allman pointed out that a word was misspelled on the leg of a table in the portrait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble