Michelle Obama hosts spouses of G8 leaders at lunch
Washington: While her husband had put leaders of the G8 nations through a tight schedule at Camp David, the US First Lady Michelle Obama treated their spouses to a sumptuous lunch prepared with produce from her kitchen garden at the White House.
The lunch menu included: Gazpacho, Maryland rockfish with local asparagus, grapefruit, Virginia berries, greens from the White House Garden and caramelised olive oil.
The lunch was prepared by Chef Jose Andres.
Before the lunch, Michelle wearing a deep purple dress with a floral brooch, led the tour group into the East Room and pointed out the window.
The tour was guided by White House Curator Bill Allman.
Among the all women spouses club, German Chancellor Angela Merkel`s husband, Professor Joachim Sauer, was conspicuous by his absence.
Allman also led the group to a portrait of Martha Washington and one of former president George Washington.
All of the guests appeared interested and moved in to look closely at the George Washington portrait when Allman pointed out that a word was misspelled on the leg of a table in the portrait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video