Michelle Obama hosts spouses of G8 leaders at lunch
Washington: While her husband had put leaders of the G8 nations through a tight schedule at Camp David, the US First Lady Michelle Obama treated their spouses to a sumptuous lunch prepared with produce from her kitchen garden at the White House.
The lunch menu included: Gazpacho, Maryland rockfish with local asparagus, grapefruit, Virginia berries, greens from the White House Garden and caramelised olive oil.
The lunch was prepared by Chef Jose Andres.
Before the lunch, Michelle wearing a deep purple dress with a floral brooch, led the tour group into the East Room and pointed out the window.
The tour was guided by White House Curator Bill Allman.
Among the all women spouses club, German Chancellor Angela Merkel`s husband, Professor Joachim Sauer, was conspicuous by his absence.
Allman also led the group to a portrait of Martha Washington and one of former president George Washington.
All of the guests appeared interested and moved in to look closely at the George Washington portrait when Allman pointed out that a word was misspelled on the leg of a table in the portrait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?