Michelle Obama pops up on `Parks and Recreation`
Washington: More than 2.7 million Americans tuned into the sixth-season finale of "Parks and Recreation" that featured a cameo appearance by First Lady Michelle Obama, NBC television said Friday.
The sitcom had Obama bumping into its star Amy Poehler at a convention in San Francisco and encouraging her to leave small-town Indiana to take up a National Parks Service job in Chicago, the first lady`s hometown.
"Change happens, one person at a time," says Obama, following a script that included a plug for her Let`s Move initiative to combat obesity among American youngsters.
The hour-long episode Thursday also featured music from indie folk band the Decemberists, alt rockers Letter to Cleo and R&B singer Ginuwine, plus a brief appearance by "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm.
The first lady, 50, a lawyer by profession, regularly turns up on US television, most recently as a guest on NBC`s "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."
Previously she`s popped up on "Sesame Street" and "The Biggest Loser," among others shows, and she is scheduled to appear -- once again as herself -- on the ABC drama "Nashville" on May 7.
NBC has renewed "Parks and Recreation" for a seventh season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him