Michelle Obama rolls eyes at `she won’t let Obama smoke` joke
New York: Michelle Obama seemed less than impressed with Republican House Speaker John Boehner during Monday’s inauguration luncheon.
The First Lady sat forward in her chair, allowing her husband, sitting to her right, and Boehner, to her left, to exchange a few words.
She seemed annoyed with the banter, then rolled her eyes, the New York Post reported.
Lip reader Larry Wenig tells ‘Inside Edition’ that Boehner asked President Obama — a longtime smoker who claims to have kicked the habit — if he’d had a chance to have a cigarette before the luncheon.
The speaker, a chain smoker, then quipped, “Somebody [Michelle] won’t let you do it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?