Michelle Obama shows off her `mom moves`
Washington: US first lady Michelle Obama strutted some hilarious dance moves to encourage parents to exercise with their children in a video that quickly rose to Internet stardom, amassing nearly a million views on YouTube within hours.
The first lady was on NBC`s `Late Night with Jimmy Fallon` to promote her `Let`s Move` initiative, which focuses on nutrition and exercise for American youth.
This month marks the programme`s third anniversary.
During her appearance, Michelle, 49, danced alongside TV host Jimmy Fallon, who himself was dressed as a woman.
The two went through awkward attempts at boogie moves through the ages, including `raising the roof` and the `electric slide`.
The two minute dance-off concluded with the first lady soloing hip-hop`s `Dougie` when she triumphed over the comedian in a climactic potato sack race.
During the show, Michelle was asked about her plans after the White House and whether she would consider presidential run of her own with another former first lady, Hillary Clinton.
The First Lady said she had her eyes set on another job.
"You know, I have my eye actually on another job," she joked. "And I hear that when Jay Leno retires that `The Tonight Show` position is going to open and I’m thinking about putting my hat in the ring."
"I got my hat in the ring," Fallon replied, although he laughed and said he’d back down to a challenge.
The clip, which has already been viewed more than 850,000 times since being posted last night and "liked" more than 11,000 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users