Michelle Obama shows off her `mom moves`
Washington: US first lady Michelle Obama strutted some hilarious dance moves to encourage parents to exercise with their children in a video that quickly rose to Internet stardom, amassing nearly a million views on YouTube within hours.
The first lady was on NBC`s `Late Night with Jimmy Fallon` to promote her `Let`s Move` initiative, which focuses on nutrition and exercise for American youth.
This month marks the programme`s third anniversary.
During her appearance, Michelle, 49, danced alongside TV host Jimmy Fallon, who himself was dressed as a woman.
The two went through awkward attempts at boogie moves through the ages, including `raising the roof` and the `electric slide`.
The two minute dance-off concluded with the first lady soloing hip-hop`s `Dougie` when she triumphed over the comedian in a climactic potato sack race.
During the show, Michelle was asked about her plans after the White House and whether she would consider presidential run of her own with another former first lady, Hillary Clinton.
The First Lady said she had her eyes set on another job.
"You know, I have my eye actually on another job," she joked. "And I hear that when Jay Leno retires that `The Tonight Show` position is going to open and I’m thinking about putting my hat in the ring."
"I got my hat in the ring," Fallon replied, although he laughed and said he’d back down to a challenge.
The clip, which has already been viewed more than 850,000 times since being posted last night and "liked" more than 11,000 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'