Michelle Obama shows off her `mom moves`
Washington: US first lady Michelle Obama strutted some hilarious dance moves to encourage parents to exercise with their children in a video that quickly rose to Internet stardom, amassing nearly a million views on YouTube within hours.
The first lady was on NBC`s `Late Night with Jimmy Fallon` to promote her `Let`s Move` initiative, which focuses on nutrition and exercise for American youth.
This month marks the programme`s third anniversary.
During her appearance, Michelle, 49, danced alongside TV host Jimmy Fallon, who himself was dressed as a woman.
The two went through awkward attempts at boogie moves through the ages, including `raising the roof` and the `electric slide`.
The two minute dance-off concluded with the first lady soloing hip-hop`s `Dougie` when she triumphed over the comedian in a climactic potato sack race.
During the show, Michelle was asked about her plans after the White House and whether she would consider presidential run of her own with another former first lady, Hillary Clinton.
The First Lady said she had her eyes set on another job.
"You know, I have my eye actually on another job," she joked. "And I hear that when Jay Leno retires that `The Tonight Show` position is going to open and I’m thinking about putting my hat in the ring."
"I got my hat in the ring," Fallon replied, although he laughed and said he’d back down to a challenge.
The clip, which has already been viewed more than 850,000 times since being posted last night and "liked" more than 11,000 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend