Michelle Obama`s `new adopted son` arrested in Texas
Washington: A man in Texas has been arrested after he tried to gain details of First Lady Michelle Obama`s bank account and access it claiming to be her newly-adopted son.
Police were called to Chase Bank in Bryan, Texas, after it was informed about the suspicious customer, who was attempting to access Michelle`s account.
According to the New York Daily News, the bank teller quickly determined Johnnie Fletcher Gooden Jr was not who he claimed to be and asked him to leave.
He refused to leave despite being told that Michelle did not have an account in the bank.
When the police arrived to question Gooden, he told them that "Michelle contacted him through Facebook and adopted him and he was now trying to get money out of her bank account."
But the 29-year-old suspect stopped talking when he was further questioned by officers. He was arrested and is now in the Brazos County Jail.
According to the report, Bryan Police Department spokeswoman Kelley McKethan said that a criminal background check revealed that Gooden had a number of warrants issued for resisting arrest and assault on a public servant.
He also ended up with a new pot possession charge after police found a bag of marijuana in the pocket of his shorts, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'