Michelle to make sure Barack is next US president
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has said that there is ‘absolutely no’ chance that President Barack Obama will lose his re-election bid in November.
When she was asked if there is a ‘reasonable chance’ Obama could lose, she replied, ‘absolutely not’.
“Absolutely not. You know, this country is in a much better place than it was when he took office,” she said in an interview with CBS News.
“And I`m gonna be playing a pretty big role, as much as I can, being out there and trying to deliver that message, share that vision, you know, remind people about who my husband is, what he`s accomplished. So I`m gonna do my part for the next 62 days to make sure that Barack Obama is the next president of the United States,” she added.
When she was asked what she meant by saying that presidency does not change a person, it reveals the person, in her speech at the Democratic National Convention, she replied: “What I have seen in him and I`ve been so impressed is how he is able to handle very high-pressured situations with a level of calm, consistency and wisdom”.
“You know, so he doesn`t allow his immediate emotions to carry the day. And he -- he keeps me focused. Because whenever I get tired or frustrated, he`s usually the one who, as I said in my speech, reminds me that this is a long game. And that patience and sort of steadfast focus really wins the day,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'