Michelle to make sure Barack is next US president
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has said that there is ‘absolutely no’ chance that President Barack Obama will lose his re-election bid in November.
When she was asked if there is a ‘reasonable chance’ Obama could lose, she replied, ‘absolutely not’.
“Absolutely not. You know, this country is in a much better place than it was when he took office,” she said in an interview with CBS News.
“And I`m gonna be playing a pretty big role, as much as I can, being out there and trying to deliver that message, share that vision, you know, remind people about who my husband is, what he`s accomplished. So I`m gonna do my part for the next 62 days to make sure that Barack Obama is the next president of the United States,” she added.
When she was asked what she meant by saying that presidency does not change a person, it reveals the person, in her speech at the Democratic National Convention, she replied: “What I have seen in him and I`ve been so impressed is how he is able to handle very high-pressured situations with a level of calm, consistency and wisdom”.
“You know, so he doesn`t allow his immediate emotions to carry the day. And he -- he keeps me focused. Because whenever I get tired or frustrated, he`s usually the one who, as I said in my speech, reminds me that this is a long game. And that patience and sort of steadfast focus really wins the day,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues