Michelle to make sure Barack is next US president
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has said that there is ‘absolutely no’ chance that President Barack Obama will lose his re-election bid in November.
When she was asked if there is a ‘reasonable chance’ Obama could lose, she replied, ‘absolutely not’.
“Absolutely not. You know, this country is in a much better place than it was when he took office,” she said in an interview with CBS News.
“And I`m gonna be playing a pretty big role, as much as I can, being out there and trying to deliver that message, share that vision, you know, remind people about who my husband is, what he`s accomplished. So I`m gonna do my part for the next 62 days to make sure that Barack Obama is the next president of the United States,” she added.
When she was asked what she meant by saying that presidency does not change a person, it reveals the person, in her speech at the Democratic National Convention, she replied: “What I have seen in him and I`ve been so impressed is how he is able to handle very high-pressured situations with a level of calm, consistency and wisdom”.
“You know, so he doesn`t allow his immediate emotions to carry the day. And he -- he keeps me focused. Because whenever I get tired or frustrated, he`s usually the one who, as I said in my speech, reminds me that this is a long game. And that patience and sort of steadfast focus really wins the day,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it