Migrant boat sinks off Sicily, 200 people in sea
Rome: A migrant boat has capsized between Sicily and Tunisia and around 200 people are in the sea, an Italian navy spokesman said on Friday.
He said Italian naval vessels and helicopters were assisting at the scene. No further details were immediately available.
The incident comes just over a week after more than 300 people drowned when a boat carrying Eritrean and Somali migrants sank near the southern Italian island of Lampedusa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation