Migrant boat sinks off Sicily, 200 people in sea
Rome: A migrant boat has capsized between Sicily and Tunisia and around 200 people are in the sea, an Italian navy spokesman said on Friday.
He said Italian naval vessels and helicopters were assisting at the scene. No further details were immediately available.
The incident comes just over a week after more than 300 people drowned when a boat carrying Eritrean and Somali migrants sank near the southern Italian island of Lampedusa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise