Migrant boat sinks off Sicily, 200 people in sea
Rome: A migrant boat has capsized between Sicily and Tunisia and around 200 people are in the sea, an Italian navy spokesman said on Friday.
He said Italian naval vessels and helicopters were assisting at the scene. No further details were immediately available.
The incident comes just over a week after more than 300 people drowned when a boat carrying Eritrean and Somali migrants sank near the southern Italian island of Lampedusa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation