Migrant woman gives birth at sea
Rome: A woman migrant gave birth to a baby girl during a four-day voyage across the Mediterranean Sea, when she and close to 200 other mostly Syrian migrants travelled to Italy, doctors said.
Among the 191 migrants rescued by the Italian coastguard around 50 km off the eastern Sicilian coast and taken to the port of Syracuse, 48 were women and 51 were minors.
Last week alone, over 1,000 migrants crossed the Mediterranean from North Africa and landed in Italy. Many of them were from conflict-hit Egypt and Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief