Migrant woman gives birth at sea
Rome: A woman migrant gave birth to a baby girl during a four-day voyage across the Mediterranean Sea, when she and close to 200 other mostly Syrian migrants travelled to Italy, doctors said.
Among the 191 migrants rescued by the Italian coastguard around 50 km off the eastern Sicilian coast and taken to the port of Syracuse, 48 were women and 51 were minors.
Last week alone, over 1,000 migrants crossed the Mediterranean from North Africa and landed in Italy. Many of them were from conflict-hit Egypt and Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali