Migrant woman gives birth at sea
Rome: A woman migrant gave birth to a baby girl during a four-day voyage across the Mediterranean Sea, when she and close to 200 other mostly Syrian migrants travelled to Italy, doctors said.
Among the 191 migrants rescued by the Italian coastguard around 50 km off the eastern Sicilian coast and taken to the port of Syracuse, 48 were women and 51 were minors.
Last week alone, over 1,000 migrants crossed the Mediterranean from North Africa and landed in Italy. Many of them were from conflict-hit Egypt and Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers