Migrant woman gives birth at sea
Rome: A woman migrant gave birth to a baby girl during a four-day voyage across the Mediterranean Sea, when she and close to 200 other mostly Syrian migrants travelled to Italy, doctors said.
Among the 191 migrants rescued by the Italian coastguard around 50 km off the eastern Sicilian coast and taken to the port of Syracuse, 48 were women and 51 were minors.
Last week alone, over 1,000 migrants crossed the Mediterranean from North Africa and landed in Italy. Many of them were from conflict-hit Egypt and Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman