Migration group lauds UAE`s help to Syrian refugees
Geneva: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has praised the UAE for providing relief assistance to Syrian refugees.
"The UAE has donated two ambulances and six buses for transporting refugees from the Syrian border to Za`tari camp in Jordan," the IOM said in a statement.
The IOM said the Swiss Federal Office for Migration has contributed $300,000 for evacuating the most vulnerable migrant workers caught in the Syrian crisis.
The IOM will evacuate up to 250 "Third Country Nationals", including minors, elderly, pregnant women, people in detention due to their irregular status, those with medical conditions and people from countries with no diplomatic representation in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Mutual fund folio count rises 12.5 lakh to 4.9 crore in June quarter
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats