Migration group lauds UAE`s help to Syrian refugees
Geneva: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has praised the UAE for providing relief assistance to Syrian refugees.
"The UAE has donated two ambulances and six buses for transporting refugees from the Syrian border to Za`tari camp in Jordan," the IOM said in a statement.
The IOM said the Swiss Federal Office for Migration has contributed $300,000 for evacuating the most vulnerable migrant workers caught in the Syrian crisis.
The IOM will evacuate up to 250 "Third Country Nationals", including minors, elderly, pregnant women, people in detention due to their irregular status, those with medical conditions and people from countries with no diplomatic representation in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials