Migration group lauds UAE`s help to Syrian refugees
Geneva: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has praised the UAE for providing relief assistance to Syrian refugees.
"The UAE has donated two ambulances and six buses for transporting refugees from the Syrian border to Za`tari camp in Jordan," the IOM said in a statement.
The IOM said the Swiss Federal Office for Migration has contributed $300,000 for evacuating the most vulnerable migrant workers caught in the Syrian crisis.
The IOM will evacuate up to 250 "Third Country Nationals", including minors, elderly, pregnant women, people in detention due to their irregular status, those with medical conditions and people from countries with no diplomatic representation in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations