Militant group: 7 Nigerians abducted in rig attack
Lagos: The main militant group in Nigeria`s
oil-rich southern delta says it kidnapped seven local workers
from an offshore oil rig operated by Exxon Mobil Corp.
In an e-mail to journalists today, the Movement for the
Emancipation of the Niger Delta says the hostages "were taken
to prevent the Nigerian government from attributing the damage
to this facility to an industrial accident." Exxon Mobil said
the attack happened Sunday night.
The e-mail also claims militants used explosives to
damage the Ibeno oil rig, located off the coast of Akwa Ibom
The attack is the latest claimed by the militant group.
It also claimed an attack last week in which seven expatriate
workers were kidnapped from a rig exploring an oil field for
London-based Afren PLC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’