Militants attack police HQ in Iraq, 33 killed
Baghdad: At least 33 people were killed and 70 others wounded Sunday when suicide bombers attempted to take control of a police headquarters in Iraq, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place in the northern city of Kirkuk, police said.
The attackers blew up a car loaded with explosives, while a suicide bomber wearing an explosives vest blew himself up at the entrance of the compound.
Police said the blasts were aimed at opening the way for gunmen to enter the compound.
Police said the attempt was unsuccessful.
The toll could rise as many injured were evacuated by ambulances and civilian cars to several hospitals in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi