Militants attack Somalia prison; 3 guards killed
Mogadishu: A government official says that about 20 armed Islamic extremists attacked a prison in northern Somalia in an attempt to free prisoners.
An official in the semi-autonomous region of Puntland said today that prison guards repelled the attack last night in which two guards were wounded.
The official said al-Shabab militants were suspected of carrying out the attack in Bossaso. The official insisted on anonymity because he`s not an official spokesman.
A resident, Mohamed Abdulqadir, said he heard an hour-long gun battle. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family