Militants attack Somalia prison; 3 guards killed
Mogadishu: A government official says that about 20 armed Islamic extremists attacked a prison in northern Somalia in an attempt to free prisoners.
An official in the semi-autonomous region of Puntland said today that prison guards repelled the attack last night in which two guards were wounded.
The official said al-Shabab militants were suspected of carrying out the attack in Bossaso. The official insisted on anonymity because he`s not an official spokesman.
A resident, Mohamed Abdulqadir, said he heard an hour-long gun battle. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire