Militants attack Yemen-Saudi border post
Sanaa: Officials say militants have targeted a border post between Yemen and Saudi Arabia in an attack that left two soldiers and three of the gunmen dead.
Yemen`s official news agency says a suicide car bomber struck the Yemeni side of the border post in the al-Wadia area yesterday, killing one Yemeni soldier and wounding another.
SABA says other gunmen then fled in two cars toward Saudi Arabia after border guards opened fire.
Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Maj Gen Mansour al-Turki says that Saudi guards exchanged fire with gunmen in the same area, killing three of them and arresting another. He says a Saudi border guard commander was killed.
SABA linked the attack to al-Qaida, but weapons smugglers and human traffickers also are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi