Militants attack Yemen-Saudi border post
Sanaa: Officials say militants have targeted a border post between Yemen and Saudi Arabia in an attack that left two soldiers and three of the gunmen dead.
Yemen`s official news agency says a suicide car bomber struck the Yemeni side of the border post in the al-Wadia area yesterday, killing one Yemeni soldier and wounding another.
SABA says other gunmen then fled in two cars toward Saudi Arabia after border guards opened fire.
Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Maj Gen Mansour al-Turki says that Saudi guards exchanged fire with gunmen in the same area, killing three of them and arresting another. He says a Saudi border guard commander was killed.
SABA linked the attack to al-Qaida, but weapons smugglers and human traffickers also are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested