Militants bomb gas pipeline in Egypt`s Sinai
North Sinai (Egypt): A group of militants bombed early Sunday a pipeline in North Sinai that provides natural gas to Jordan, security sources said.
"The gunmen bombed part of the pipeline in Lehfin area in North Sinai and another part of the pipeline north of Arish International Airport," a security source told Xinhua.
Security forces have rushed to the scene.
The attacks came after the Egyptian army ousted Islamist-oriented president Mohamed Morsi on Wednesday in response to millions of protesters who took to the streets and public squares across the country demanding his removal.
Islamist supporters of the ousted president condemned the ouster as "a military coup" and vowed to sacrifice for Morsi`s legitimacy.
On Friday, at least five soldiers were killed in North Sinai in armed attacks by extremist Islamist groups on Arish Airport, a security camp in Rafah, a police station, two security checkpoints in Sheikh Zuwaid and other security premises.
Clashes on Saturday between Morsi`s Islamist supporters and his opponents celebrating his ouster killed at least 35 and injured over 1,400 across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi