Militants use arms from military depots: Russian official
Moscow: A significant part of the arms which are used by North Caucasian militants to attack and kill security forces in Dagestan and Chechnya come from military
depots, a top Russian law enforcement official said on Monday.
In the period over January-September, 205 police officers were killed and 489 injured in the North Caucasus.
"The significant part of the arms used by the North Caucasus militants come from military depots," Russian Deputy Prosecutor General Ivan Sydoruk was quoted as saying by a TV channel.
He said all of the recent attempts to kill law enforcers were made using state-of-the-art arms and explosive devices blaming rampant corruption in the republics of North
Caucasus for this.
"Dagestan, Chechnya and Ingushetia are the most volatile regions in terms of militant attacks on police officers as well as Kabardino-Balkaria, where law enforcers are targeted in order to destabilise the situation and demonstrate the power of the militants," the Sydoruk said.
"The situation is worsening due to rampant corruption, where bribery is flourishing for decades," Sydoruk said.
According to him high unemployment rate and low living standards were the main cause of the problems in the volatile Caucasus region of Russia, where 40 percent population is
living below poverty line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog