Military board says US Marine should be dismissed
Camp Pendleton: A military board
says a Marine who criticised President Barack Obama on his
Facebook page has committed misconduct and should be
The Marine Corps administrative board made the decision
yesterday after a daylong hearing at Camp Pendleton for Sgt. Gary Stein.
The board`s recommendations go to a general who will
either accept or deny them.
The board also recommended that Stein be given an
other-than-honourable discharge. That would mean Stein would
lose his benefits and would not be allowed on any military
Stein`s lawyers argued he was expressing his personal
views and exercising his First Amendment rights.
Stein has served with the Marines for nine years. His
service was to end in four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends