Military board says US Marine should be dismissed
Camp Pendleton: A military board
says a Marine who criticised President Barack Obama on his
Facebook page has committed misconduct and should be
The Marine Corps administrative board made the decision
yesterday after a daylong hearing at Camp Pendleton for Sgt. Gary Stein.
The board`s recommendations go to a general who will
either accept or deny them.
The board also recommended that Stein be given an
other-than-honourable discharge. That would mean Stein would
lose his benefits and would not be allowed on any military
Stein`s lawyers argued he was expressing his personal
views and exercising his First Amendment rights.
Stein has served with the Marines for nine years. His
service was to end in four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj