Military kills 50 Boko Haram militants in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 50 members of radical group Boko Haram were killed in a raid launched by Nigerian Army in the country`s northeastern Borno state, the military has said.
Military spokesman Sagir Musa said the raid was launched yesterday on the insurgents camp after they killed 15 civilians earlier in the week.
According to him, a village that was captured by the insurgents was freed.
"As at now, the soldiers have gone after the remaining terrorists who are on the run" he said.
The insurgents, on Wednesday, had attacked two villages of Gajiram and Bulabin killing 15 persons and injuring several others.
Nigeria declared a state of emergency in three northeastern states in May as it fights Islamist militants.
The group`s aim is to establish and Islamic caliphate in the country and more than 2,000 persons have died since it commenced killings and bombings mostly in the northern part of the country.
Nigeria`s 150 million people is evenly distributed among Christians and Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday