Military kills 50 Boko Haram militants in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 50 members of radical group Boko Haram were killed in a raid launched by Nigerian Army in the country`s northeastern Borno state, the military has said.
Military spokesman Sagir Musa said the raid was launched yesterday on the insurgents camp after they killed 15 civilians earlier in the week.
According to him, a village that was captured by the insurgents was freed.
"As at now, the soldiers have gone after the remaining terrorists who are on the run" he said.
The insurgents, on Wednesday, had attacked two villages of Gajiram and Bulabin killing 15 persons and injuring several others.
Nigeria declared a state of emergency in three northeastern states in May as it fights Islamist militants.
The group`s aim is to establish and Islamic caliphate in the country and more than 2,000 persons have died since it commenced killings and bombings mostly in the northern part of the country.
Nigeria`s 150 million people is evenly distributed among Christians and Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you