Military kills 50 Boko Haram militants in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 50 members of radical group Boko Haram were killed in a raid launched by Nigerian Army in the country`s northeastern Borno state, the military has said.
Military spokesman Sagir Musa said the raid was launched yesterday on the insurgents camp after they killed 15 civilians earlier in the week.
According to him, a village that was captured by the insurgents was freed.
"As at now, the soldiers have gone after the remaining terrorists who are on the run" he said.
The insurgents, on Wednesday, had attacked two villages of Gajiram and Bulabin killing 15 persons and injuring several others.
Nigeria declared a state of emergency in three northeastern states in May as it fights Islamist militants.
The group`s aim is to establish and Islamic caliphate in the country and more than 2,000 persons have died since it commenced killings and bombings mostly in the northern part of the country.
Nigeria`s 150 million people is evenly distributed among Christians and Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park