Military overburdened in Iraq, Afghanistan: Obama
Racine: President Barack Obama says US troops are carrying too much of the burden in Iraq and Afghanistan and doing too many things that are more appropriate for civilians, such as building schools and setting up justice systems.
Obama says the problem is that the US doesn`t have a civilian effort as large as the military.
He wants to change that by building up a "civilian expeditionary force" that can go into an area once the US military deems it safe to do the work of building roads, bridges and schools and setting up civil societies.
Obama said that`s one reason he`s increased military pay while holding the line on domestic spending.
Obama commented on Wednesday during a town hall meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015