`Military strikes can`t halt Iran`s nuclear program`
Washington: The recently retired chief of US Central Command has claimed that Iran`s nuclear program cannot be stopped by either the US or Israel military.
Retired Marine General James Mattis said that even successful military strikes would only destroy and block the entrances to hardened underground nuclear facilities, the Washington Times reports.
According to the report, a military strike by the US or nations in the region could only temporarily delay Iran`s program.
General Mattis further added that diplomacy is the only long-term solution for stopping Iran`s nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!