`Military strikes can`t halt Iran`s nuclear program`
Washington: The recently retired chief of US Central Command has claimed that Iran`s nuclear program cannot be stopped by either the US or Israel military.
Retired Marine General James Mattis said that even successful military strikes would only destroy and block the entrances to hardened underground nuclear facilities, the Washington Times reports.
According to the report, a military strike by the US or nations in the region could only temporarily delay Iran`s program.
General Mattis further added that diplomacy is the only long-term solution for stopping Iran`s nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda