`Military strikes can`t halt Iran`s nuclear program`
Washington: The recently retired chief of US Central Command has claimed that Iran`s nuclear program cannot be stopped by either the US or Israel military.
Retired Marine General James Mattis said that even successful military strikes would only destroy and block the entrances to hardened underground nuclear facilities, the Washington Times reports.
According to the report, a military strike by the US or nations in the region could only temporarily delay Iran`s program.
General Mattis further added that diplomacy is the only long-term solution for stopping Iran`s nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown