Military-style drones to fly over New York City: Bloomberg
Washington: Not many New Yorkers have bought into New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg`s idea that military-style drones will soon be patrolling the skies above the city.
Bloomberg added that face-recognition software will also monitor each and every move of the denizens in the style of the 2002 Tom Cruise starrer Minority Report.
Putting the timeframe for an all-seeing society at about five years with cameras situated at every place, Bloomberg said that the city is going to have more visibility although the residents have to pay for an increase in security with a lack of privacy.
According to the New York Daily News, but the idea sounded creepy to many New Yorkers with Rao Rampilla, 58, saying that such a thing should never happen in a Western country.
The Manhattan actor said that `this is not Afghanistan. Is this a Schwarzenegger movie? People don`t have money for Social Security or Medicare, but we`re going to spend money on drones?`
The mayor said on Friday that advanced technologies would make flying camera drones ubiquitous in the city.
Ilene Biderman, 60, a retired probation officer, said it wasn`t a terrible idea, adding that it`s not like their tapping phones, but then added, that `sometimes the police do get carried away,` the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Democrat lawmakers resort to sit-in; House erupts in chaos
- JKBOSE class 10 re-evaluation result 2015 declared; check Jkbose.co.in
- Ten things women hate about men!
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?