Mine accident in China, eight killed
Beijing: At least eight miners trapped in a flooded coal mine in north China`s Shanxi province were found dead on Saturday.
Bodies of the mine workers in Hongtong county have been retrieved this morning, the rescue headquarters said.
Four workers, who were pulled out alive yesterday, were receiving treatment at a local hospital.
Twenty-two out of 34 people who were working underground at the time of the incident on Wednesday escaped from the shaft, while the rest were trapped underground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!