Mine accident in China, eight killed
Beijing: At least eight miners trapped in a flooded coal mine in north China`s Shanxi province were found dead on Saturday.
Bodies of the mine workers in Hongtong county have been retrieved this morning, the rescue headquarters said.
Four workers, who were pulled out alive yesterday, were receiving treatment at a local hospital.
Twenty-two out of 34 people who were working underground at the time of the incident on Wednesday escaped from the shaft, while the rest were trapped underground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai