Mine explosion hits Myanmar power grid
Yangon: An armed group called the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) blew up a power grid post in Myanmar`s northern Shan state, state media reported on Saturday.
Friday`s explosion hit the Namhkam-Muse 66-KV power grid. The bottom of a concrete post of the power grid was damaged in the attack, Xinhua reported citing the New Light of Myanmar daily.
Another mine was found at a second concrete pole.
Authorities said damage to towers can affect electricity supply and bring more problems to the people.
An explosion in a 230-KV power grid in Shan state last week affected the power supply to Yangon`s industrial zones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read