Mine explosion hits Myanmar power grid
Yangon: An armed group called the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) blew up a power grid post in Myanmar`s northern Shan state, state media reported on Saturday.
Friday`s explosion hit the Namhkam-Muse 66-KV power grid. The bottom of a concrete post of the power grid was damaged in the attack, Xinhua reported citing the New Light of Myanmar daily.
Another mine was found at a second concrete pole.
Authorities said damage to towers can affect electricity supply and bring more problems to the people.
An explosion in a 230-KV power grid in Shan state last week affected the power supply to Yangon`s industrial zones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love