Mine explosion hits Myanmar power grid
Yangon: An armed group called the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) blew up a power grid post in Myanmar`s northern Shan state, state media reported on Saturday.
Friday`s explosion hit the Namhkam-Muse 66-KV power grid. The bottom of a concrete post of the power grid was damaged in the attack, Xinhua reported citing the New Light of Myanmar daily.
Another mine was found at a second concrete pole.
Authorities said damage to towers can affect electricity supply and bring more problems to the people.
An explosion in a 230-KV power grid in Shan state last week affected the power supply to Yangon`s industrial zones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!