Missile fired on Syria town kills 4 civilians: NGO
Beirut: A ground-to-ground missile was fired on a town in northern Syrian at dawn on Sunday and killed at least four civilians, two of them children, a watchdog reported.
Anti-regime activists of the Aleppo Media Centre said the missile, which slammed into a residential area of Tal Rifaat, was a Scud, although this could not be independently verified.
The attack also killed two women, wounded several other people and destroyed many homes in the town in Aleppo province, the Britain-based Observatory said.
The Syrian Revolution General Commission activist network reported 30 wounded and 10 houses destroyed, adding a mother and her two daughters were among the dead.
"The toll could rise, with bodies buried under the rubble," said the Observatory, which relies on a network of sources on the ground for its information.
Amateur video footage posted online by activists showed men clearing away debris in the dark and then removing the body of a child, as cries can be heard from the crowd.
In February, the Observatory cited activists as saying the army fired Scuds on Aleppo city, killing 58 people including 36 children.
Damascus has denied having using Scuds.
The opposition, Israel and some Western states claim President Bashar al-Assad`s regime has used chemical weapons against civilians recently in Syria`s two-year conflict.
Damascus rejected on Saturday the US and British allegations, while its ally Russia warned the West against using such fears to intervene militarily in the civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai