Missile fired on Syria town kills 4 civilians: NGO
Beirut: A ground-to-ground missile was fired on a town in northern Syrian at dawn on Sunday and killed at least four civilians, two of them children, a watchdog reported.
Anti-regime activists of the Aleppo Media Centre said the missile, which slammed into a residential area of Tal Rifaat, was a Scud, although this could not be independently verified.
The attack also killed two women, wounded several other people and destroyed many homes in the town in Aleppo province, the Britain-based Observatory said.
The Syrian Revolution General Commission activist network reported 30 wounded and 10 houses destroyed, adding a mother and her two daughters were among the dead.
"The toll could rise, with bodies buried under the rubble," said the Observatory, which relies on a network of sources on the ground for its information.
Amateur video footage posted online by activists showed men clearing away debris in the dark and then removing the body of a child, as cries can be heard from the crowd.
In February, the Observatory cited activists as saying the army fired Scuds on Aleppo city, killing 58 people including 36 children.
Damascus has denied having using Scuds.
The opposition, Israel and some Western states claim President Bashar al-Assad`s regime has used chemical weapons against civilians recently in Syria`s two-year conflict.
Damascus rejected on Saturday the US and British allegations, while its ally Russia warned the West against using such fears to intervene militarily in the civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack