Mitt Romney had planned fireworks blitz to celebrate victory
Washington: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had planned to celebrate his election as America’s 45th President with an eight-minute fireworks display over the Boston Harbor.
The same company that does some of the illuminations for Boston’s Fourth of July celebration was poised to ignite fireworks within view of Romney’s party at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Centre to celebrate a win over President Barack Obama.
A permit filed with the City of Boston said that the fireworks could happen any time between 7 pm just after the first polls closed on Tuesday, which could not happen as Romney conceded the race, boston.com reports.
“It was not an intense, grand finale-type of display for eight minutes, but it certainly was a fast-paced show to cap off the evening, if it were necessary,” Atlas Professional Fireworks Displays CEO Steve Pelkey said.
According to the report, Atlas does over 75 percent of the fireworks shows in New England, and was the 2012 world champion at the Montreal International Fireworks Competition.
The firework for Romney had a patriotic theme, heavy on red, white, and blue colours, and featured crowd-pleasing large chrysanthemum bursts, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points
- Zlatan Ibrahamovic praises Jose Mourinho but refuses to name next club
- Learn in 5 steps to make easy money on YouTube!