Mitt Romney had planned fireworks blitz to celebrate victory
Washington: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had planned to celebrate his election as America’s 45th President with an eight-minute fireworks display over the Boston Harbor.
The same company that does some of the illuminations for Boston’s Fourth of July celebration was poised to ignite fireworks within view of Romney’s party at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Centre to celebrate a win over President Barack Obama.
A permit filed with the City of Boston said that the fireworks could happen any time between 7 pm just after the first polls closed on Tuesday, which could not happen as Romney conceded the race, boston.com reports.
“It was not an intense, grand finale-type of display for eight minutes, but it certainly was a fast-paced show to cap off the evening, if it were necessary,” Atlas Professional Fireworks Displays CEO Steve Pelkey said.
According to the report, Atlas does over 75 percent of the fireworks shows in New England, and was the 2012 world champion at the Montreal International Fireworks Competition.
The firework for Romney had a patriotic theme, heavy on red, white, and blue colours, and featured crowd-pleasing large chrysanthemum bursts, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her