`Mitt Romney ready to launch war on Syria, Iran`
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden has alleged that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is ready to "launch" war on Iran and Syria.
At a campaign speech on Sunday, Biden was very critical of Romney foreign policy, which he said was reflected in his last week`s speech.
"He said it was a mistake to end the war in Iraq and bring all of our warriors home. He said it was a mistake to set an end date for our warriors in Afghanistan and bring them home. He implies by the speech that he`s ready to go to war in Syria and Iran," Biden said.
"Let us finish what we started!" he said.
The Romney campaign was quick to respond.
"It`s not surprising that a politician who has been wrong about every major foreign policy question over the last 30 years is wrong on every count about Governor Romney`s strategy to restore America`s leadership role in the world," it said in a statement about Biden`s remarks.
"President Obama has undermined the pillars of American strength abroad with his failure to get our economy going, his devastating defence cuts, and his shameful failure to defend our values. In no region of the world is our influence greater than it was four years ago," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof