`Mitt Romney ready to launch war on Syria, Iran`
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden has alleged that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is ready to "launch" war on Iran and Syria.
At a campaign speech on Sunday, Biden was very critical of Romney foreign policy, which he said was reflected in his last week`s speech.
"He said it was a mistake to end the war in Iraq and bring all of our warriors home. He said it was a mistake to set an end date for our warriors in Afghanistan and bring them home. He implies by the speech that he`s ready to go to war in Syria and Iran," Biden said.
"Let us finish what we started!" he said.
The Romney campaign was quick to respond.
"It`s not surprising that a politician who has been wrong about every major foreign policy question over the last 30 years is wrong on every count about Governor Romney`s strategy to restore America`s leadership role in the world," it said in a statement about Biden`s remarks.
"President Obama has undermined the pillars of American strength abroad with his failure to get our economy going, his devastating defence cuts, and his shameful failure to defend our values. In no region of the world is our influence greater than it was four years ago," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'