`Mitt Romney willing to work in Obama administration`
London: Republican Mitt Romney would be willing to work in President Barack Obama`s administration despite being defeated in the White House race, one of his closest friends has disclosed.
Grant Bennett, who served alongside Romney as a Mormon bishop in Massachusetts, said that his friend would never run for office again, but could well be persuaded back into public service.
“If Mitt were invited by the President, he would say `I`m an American. Can I contribute?`,” the Telegraph quoted Bennett, as saying.
“Mitt`s fundamental motivation is to make a difference for good,” he added.
According to the paper, the possibility of Romney being offered a government job or task-force during a second Obama term was raised by the President in his victory speech.
"I also look forward to sitting down with Governor Romney to talk about where we can work together to move this country forward," Obama had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog