`Mitt Romney`s wife cried after his poll defeat`
New York: Mitt Romney’s sister Jane has come to the defense of her younger brother slamming media over the way they had treated the Republican Presidential contender, and blaming them for making him lose the White House race.
Jane, the eldest Romney sister, told Inside Edition about how she felt the media “vilified” Mitt after it was reported that he traveled with Seamus, the family dog, strapped to the roof of their car.
“He was my dog…It’s a crate. That’s how they travel. Here’s the deal. All these stupid little stories are fabricated and it hurt,” the New York Daily News quoted her, as saying.
Jane, 75, also said that Mitt’s wife, Ann, has not been taking the loss particularly well.
“She was crying. She was very emotional. For Ann, it was definitely shell-shock,” she said.
“She won`t want to be in a race like this again,” she added.
According to the paper, Jane explained what she thinks went wrong with the campaign, and blamed her own family for not doing enough to help him secure a win.
“I feel like our family could have helped more. But we were scared we’d be on the 6 p.m. news, misspeaking,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das