Mitt unfairly demonised: Ann Romney
Washington: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney`s wife Ann on Sunday said that her husband has been unfairly `demonised by opponents and there are so many good things about him that have not been told.
"I do recognize that we have not had a financial struggle in our lives.... But I want people to believe in their hearts that we know what it is like to struggle," Ann Romney told `Meet The Press` of the NBC news in an interview.
"And our struggles have not been financial, but they`ve been with health and with difficulties in different things in life," Ann said in a joint appearance with Mitt Romney, which was aired Sunday.
"And in particular, for Mitt -- who really has been demonised in many ways as being heartless and for people to stand up and say, `Excuse me. He was there when my son was dying of leukemia. He came to my son`s bedside. He did all of these things for my son.` And then another woman saying how Mitt was there for her.
"So there`s hundreds of those stories that haven`t been told," Ann said in response to a question.
She said it was refreshing to her for the American people to finally be able to see the lens through which she see her husband and the perspective in which she understand how he operates.
"I think that was why we were all so pleased with so many Americans, were so pleased with the last election and seeing that a black man was elected as president of the United States. It made us proud as Americans to know that those prejudices that we`ve had in the past are -- are falling away," Ann Romney said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31