Mitt unfairly demonised: Ann Romney
Washington: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney`s wife Ann on Sunday said that her husband has been unfairly `demonised by opponents and there are so many good things about him that have not been told.
"I do recognize that we have not had a financial struggle in our lives.... But I want people to believe in their hearts that we know what it is like to struggle," Ann Romney told `Meet The Press` of the NBC news in an interview.
"And our struggles have not been financial, but they`ve been with health and with difficulties in different things in life," Ann said in a joint appearance with Mitt Romney, which was aired Sunday.
"And in particular, for Mitt -- who really has been demonised in many ways as being heartless and for people to stand up and say, `Excuse me. He was there when my son was dying of leukemia. He came to my son`s bedside. He did all of these things for my son.` And then another woman saying how Mitt was there for her.
"So there`s hundreds of those stories that haven`t been told," Ann said in response to a question.
She said it was refreshing to her for the American people to finally be able to see the lens through which she see her husband and the perspective in which she understand how he operates.
"I think that was why we were all so pleased with so many Americans, were so pleased with the last election and seeing that a black man was elected as president of the United States. It made us proud as Americans to know that those prejudices that we`ve had in the past are -- are falling away," Ann Romney said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part VI
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round