Mladic had nothing to do with Srebrenica: Son
Belgrade: The son of war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic says his father claims he had nothing to do with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica.
Darko Mladic says his father has told him that he gave orders to evacuate the wounded, women and children and fighters during the 1992-1995 war.
Mladic`s son told reporters Sunday outside the jail where he was being held that "whatever was done, was done behind his back."
Europe`s most wanted war crimes fugitive, Mladic, is being held in a Serbian jail after his arrest last week after 16 years on the run. The 69-year-old is charged by the tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, for genocide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter