Mladic had nothing to do with Srebrenica: Son
Belgrade: The son of war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic says his father claims he had nothing to do with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica.
Darko Mladic says his father has told him that he gave orders to evacuate the wounded, women and children and fighters during the 1992-1995 war.
Mladic`s son told reporters Sunday outside the jail where he was being held that "whatever was done, was done behind his back."
Europe`s most wanted war crimes fugitive, Mladic, is being held in a Serbian jail after his arrest last week after 16 years on the run. The 69-year-old is charged by the tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, for genocide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional