Mladic had nothing to do with Srebrenica: Son
Belgrade: The son of war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic says his father claims he had nothing to do with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica.
Darko Mladic says his father has told him that he gave orders to evacuate the wounded, women and children and fighters during the 1992-1995 war.
Mladic`s son told reporters Sunday outside the jail where he was being held that "whatever was done, was done behind his back."
Europe`s most wanted war crimes fugitive, Mladic, is being held in a Serbian jail after his arrest last week after 16 years on the run. The 69-year-old is charged by the tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, for genocide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!