Mladic had nothing to do with Srebrenica: Son
Belgrade: The son of war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic says his father claims he had nothing to do with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica.
Darko Mladic says his father has told him that he gave orders to evacuate the wounded, women and children and fighters during the 1992-1995 war.
Mladic`s son told reporters Sunday outside the jail where he was being held that "whatever was done, was done behind his back."
Europe`s most wanted war crimes fugitive, Mladic, is being held in a Serbian jail after his arrest last week after 16 years on the run. The 69-year-old is charged by the tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, for genocide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%