Mob ransacks Syrian embassy in Australia
Canberra: Officials say men ransacked the Syrian embassy in Australia after reports of the bloodiest episode yet in Syria`s nearly yearlong crackdown on dissent. The attack in Australia`s capital, Canberra, follows at least six others at Syrian embassies in Europe and the Middle East.
Syrian Charge d`Affaires Jawdat Ali said the men smashed through the embassy`s front door on Saturday night, destroyed furniture and stole computers.
Ali says there were two embassy employees in the two-storey building at the time, but they were neither harmed nor threatened.
Activists say Syrian forces killed more than 200 people in the city of Homs before dawn on Saturday, pounding restive neighbourhoods with mortars and artillery. The government denies the reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt