Mob ransacks Syrian embassy in Australia
Canberra: Officials say men ransacked the Syrian embassy in Australia after reports of the bloodiest episode yet in Syria`s nearly yearlong crackdown on dissent. The attack in Australia`s capital, Canberra, follows at least six others at Syrian embassies in Europe and the Middle East.
Syrian Charge d`Affaires Jawdat Ali said the men smashed through the embassy`s front door on Saturday night, destroyed furniture and stole computers.
Ali says there were two embassy employees in the two-storey building at the time, but they were neither harmed nor threatened.
Activists say Syrian forces killed more than 200 people in the city of Homs before dawn on Saturday, pounding restive neighbourhoods with mortars and artillery. The government denies the reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video