Moderate 5.0 quake strikes northern Afghanistan
Kabul: A 5.0-magnitude earthquake struck northern Afghanistan late Sunday, the US Geological Survey said.
The agency said the quake hit at 8:53 pm (1623 GMT) at a depth of 32 kilometres (20 miles).
The epicentre was 52 kilometres east-southeast of the city of Mazar-i-Sharif, capital of Balkh province, USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes