Moderate 5.0 quake strikes northern Afghanistan
Kabul: A 5.0-magnitude earthquake struck northern Afghanistan late Sunday, the US Geological Survey said.
The agency said the quake hit at 8:53 pm (1623 GMT) at a depth of 32 kilometres (20 miles).
The epicentre was 52 kilometres east-southeast of the city of Mazar-i-Sharif, capital of Balkh province, USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000