Moderate earthquake hits southwestern China
Beijing: A 4.6-magnitude earthquake struck
southwestern China on Monday, the US Geological Survey said, near
the epicentre of last year`s massive quake that left more than
87,000 people dead or missing.
The quake hit at 3:25 pm local time in Sichuan province,
at a depth of 10 kilometres, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries,
the state-run China News Service said.
State media said the epicentre of the quake was in
Wenchuan county, epicentre of the 8.0-magnitude quake on May
12 of last year.
The provincial seismological network said the quake
measured 4.8 on the Richter scale, the official Xinhua news
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users