Moderate earthquake hits southwestern China
Beijing: A 4.6-magnitude earthquake struck
southwestern China on Monday, the US Geological Survey said, near
the epicentre of last year`s massive quake that left more than
87,000 people dead or missing.
The quake hit at 3:25 pm local time in Sichuan province,
at a depth of 10 kilometres, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries,
the state-run China News Service said.
State media said the epicentre of the quake was in
Wenchuan county, epicentre of the 8.0-magnitude quake on May
12 of last year.
The provincial seismological network said the quake
measured 4.8 on the Richter scale, the official Xinhua news
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy