Moderate earthquake hits southwestern China
Beijing: A 4.6-magnitude earthquake struck
southwestern China on Monday, the US Geological Survey said, near
the epicentre of last year`s massive quake that left more than
87,000 people dead or missing.
The quake hit at 3:25 pm local time in Sichuan province,
at a depth of 10 kilometres, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries,
the state-run China News Service said.
State media said the epicentre of the quake was in
Wenchuan county, epicentre of the 8.0-magnitude quake on May
12 of last year.
The provincial seismological network said the quake
measured 4.8 on the Richter scale, the official Xinhua news
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'