Moderate earthquake jolts eastern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state news agency says a 5.2-magnitude earthquake has jolted a sparsely populated district in the country`s east.
IRNA says the quake hit a district near the town of Qaen before dawn on Sunday and that there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
Last month, twin earthquakes struck northwestern Iran and claimed the lives of more than 300 people, injured thousands and left several thousand homeless.
Iran is located on seismic faults and is frequently shaken by earthquakes.
In 2003, a magnitude 6.6 quake killed some 26,000 after it flattened historic city of Bam in the country`s southeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital