Moderate earthquake jolts eastern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state news agency says a 5.2-magnitude earthquake has jolted a sparsely populated district in the country`s east.
IRNA says the quake hit a district near the town of Qaen before dawn on Sunday and that there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
Last month, twin earthquakes struck northwestern Iran and claimed the lives of more than 300 people, injured thousands and left several thousand homeless.
Iran is located on seismic faults and is frequently shaken by earthquakes.
In 2003, a magnitude 6.6 quake killed some 26,000 after it flattened historic city of Bam in the country`s southeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!