Moderate earthquake jolts eastern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state news agency says a 5.2-magnitude earthquake has jolted a sparsely populated district in the country`s east.
IRNA says the quake hit a district near the town of Qaen before dawn on Sunday and that there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
Last month, twin earthquakes struck northwestern Iran and claimed the lives of more than 300 people, injured thousands and left several thousand homeless.
Iran is located on seismic faults and is frequently shaken by earthquakes.
In 2003, a magnitude 6.6 quake killed some 26,000 after it flattened historic city of Bam in the country`s southeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read